Authors: Zhygailo, О.L. and T.S. Zhygailo
The problem of climate change and global warming both in whole and in particular has become one of the most serious and urgent directions of scientific and technical activity at the present stage. The future food security of Ukraine depends on the effectiveness of adaptation of agriculture to new conditions dictated by the global anthropogenic warming. In order to evaluate possible impact of climate change in Ukraine on agroclimatic indicators the scenario A1B – “moderate” was used providing a balance between all energy sources. Researches of sunflower harvest formation are carried out using a dynamic model of agricultural crops productivity. For a comparative analysis of scenary meteorological variables with previous data the period from 1986 to 2005 is taken from agroclimatic directory of Ukraine. It serves as a base when performing calculations. According to calculations of A1B climate change scenario, periods of sowing and subsequent phases of development will occur earlier than at present, which will lead to reduction of the whole vegetation period at most parts of the area under study. As a result of comparative analysis of temperature and precipitation regime it was found that, subject to implementation of the climate change scenario under study, expected weather conditions will be more favourable for cultivation of sunflower in the Western and Central forest-steppe, as well as at the Right-Bank Ukraine and in the Donetsk sub-zone of Northern steppe of Ukraine.
Tags: climate change; crop; growing seasons; precipitation; provision of water; scenario; sunflower; temperature
- Adamenko T.I., Kul’bida M.I., Prokopenko A.L. (Eds). Ahroklimatychnyy dovidnyk po terytorii’ Ukrai’ny [An agroclimatic reference book on the Ukraine territory]. Kam’yanets’-Podil’s’k, 2011. 107 p.
- Hvalenskiy U.A., Sirotenko O.D., Polevoy A.N. Dinamicheskoe modelirovanie v agrometeorologii [The dynamic modeling in agrometeorology]. Leningrad, 1982. 145 p.
- Logvinov V.F. Izmeneniya klimata Belarusi i ikh posledstviya [Climate changes in Belarus and their consequences]. Minsk: Tonpik, 2003.
- Stepanenko S.M., Pol’ovyy A.M. (Eds). Klimatychni zminy ta ikh vplyv na sfery ekonomiky Ukrai’ny [Climate changes and their influence on sphere of the Ukraine economy]. Odesa: “TES”, 2015. 520 p.
- Krakovs’ka S.V., Palamarchuk L.V., Shedemenko I.P., Dukel G.O., Gnatuk N.V.] Verifіkatsіya danykh svіtovoho klіmatychnoho tsentru (CRU) ta rehіonalnoi modelі klіmatu (REMO) shchodo pryzemnoi temperatury povitrya za kontrol’nyy perіod 1961-1990 pp [Data verification of global climate center (CRU) and regional climate model (REMO) on surface air temperature for the controlling period 1961-1990]. Nauk. pratsi UkrNDGMI – Proc. UkrSRHMI, 2008, no. 257, pр. 42-60.
- Loginov V.F. Prichiny i sledstviya klimaticheskikh izmeneniy [The causes and consequences of climate changes]. Minsk: Navuka i tehnika, 1992. 320 p.
- Pol’ovyy A.M. Modeluvannya hidrometeorolohichnoho rezhimu ta produktyvnosti ahroekosystem [Modeling of hydrometeorological regime and agroecosystems productivity]. Kyiv: KNT, 2007. 344 p.
- Syrotenko O.D. Budushchee sel’skogo khozyaystva Rossii v svyazi s ozhidaemymi izmeneniyami klimata [The future of agriculture in Russia due to expected climate changes]. Problemy ekologicheskogo monitoringa i modelirovaniya ekosistem [Environmental monitoring problems and ecosystem modeling], 2000, vol. XVII, pp. 258-274.