Authors: Ivus H.P., Мartazinova V.F.
Title: Brief overview of meteorological research in the late XX – early XXI century in Ukraine
In the paper the review of the meteorological research in Ukraine at the end of the 20-th century – the beginning of the 21-th century was made. Researches in the field of meteorology are performed mainly by the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Institute of the State Service of Emergencies of Ukraine and National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Odessa State Environmental University (OSENU) and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
The studies of UkrHMI scientific schools headed by well-known scientists in the field of meteorology were devoted to the development of new theories, methods, models in the field of the weather forecasting and dangerous situations in Ukraine, radiation balance, agrometeorology, climate researches in the Ukraine, numerical modeling of cloud physics and active effects on clouds, numerical methods in analysis and forecast of natural and technogenic processes in the atmosphere.
In OSENU, where two scientific schools are established, the scientists study the formation of severe weather and its forecast, diagnose and forecast mesoscale atmospheric circulations, identify nonlinear interaction between the main global structures, detect the features of circulation processes in high latitudes of the southern hemisphere, conduct systematic studies in the field of numerical modelling of physics and dynamics of atmospheric processes with the Enviro-HIRLAM and HARMONIE models.
Scientists of TSNUK study changes in the total column ozone amount in the atmosphere of Antarctic Region and the mid-latitudes of Northern Hemisphere. The work on analyzing the state of climatic parameters and changing the current climate of Ukraine is being carried out at the KNU.
Authors: Ivus H.P., Мartazinova V.F.
Tags: atmospheric circulation; floating analogue; forecasting; meteorological researches; modelling; review; severe weather; атмосферная циркуляция; метеорологические исследования; моделирование; обзор; опасные явления; плавающий аналог; прогнозирование
- Ivus G. P. Umovy utvorennya ta prohnozu slabkoho vitru bilya poverkhni zemli ta inversii temperatury v rayoni Odesy [Terms formation and forecast a weak surface wind and temperature inversions near Odessa]. Kyiv: SMC on Hydrometeorology in Ministry of Education of Ukraine, 1998. 112 p.
- Ivus G. P. Spetsializovani prohnozy pohody [Specialized weather forecast]. Odessa: TES Publ., 2012. 407 p.
- Ivus G. P., Efimov V. A. Fizika antitsiklogeneza [Physics of Anticycogenesis]. Kyiv: KNT, 2005. 208 p.
- Ivanov S. V., Ivus G. P., Palamarchuk Yu. O. Numerical modeling of a convective cell behind a cold front: heat and moisture flows. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. j., 2010, no. 6, pp. 120–129. (In Russian)
- Ivanov S. V., Ivus G. P., Pyshnyak D. V. Numerical modeling mesoscale features atmosphere in a cold front area. Meteorologiya, klimatologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology, Climatology and Hydrology, 2010, issue 51, pp. 4-14. (In Russian)
- Grushevsky O., Ivus G. , Ivanov S. Upon the role of Kelvin waves in formation of blocking events over the Easten Europe. European Geosciencs Union, General Assembly. Vienna, Austria, 2007, vol. 9, p. 05902.
- Ivus G. P., Zubkovych S. O., Khomenko G. V., Kovalkov I. A. Conditions of formation of dangerous wind zones on the territory of Ukraine. European Applied Science, Europaische Fachhochs schule, 2014, ed. 10, pp. 59-64.
- Ivus G. P., Zubkovych S. O., Agayar E. V, Gurskaya L. M. To the question about typification of synoptic proceses over territory of Ukraine. International Jornal of Research in Earth and Enviromental Sciences, 2015, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 21–27.
- Ivus G. P., Semergey-Chumachenko A. B., Agayar E. V., Dmitrenko A. P. The influence of heat advection on the formation of low level jets. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. j., 2011, no. 9, pp. 66–72. (In Russian)
- Ivus G. P., Efimov V. A., Mishchenko N. M. The results of modeling the interaction of tectonic processes with atmospheric. Meteorologiya, klimatologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology, Climatology and Hydrology, 2008, issue 50, pp. 58-63. (In Russian)
- Іvus G. P., Semenova I. G., Koval’kov I. A. The role of hydrodynamic instability of the atmosphere in the processes of cut off cyclogenesis in summer over Ukraine. Vìsn. Odes. deržekol. Unìv. – Bull. of OSENU, 2013, vol. 16, pp. 60-66. (In Ukrainian)
- Ivus G. P., Kivganov A. F., Timofeev V. E. Struynyye techeniya nizhnikh urovney atmosfery [Jet streams of the boundary layer of the atmosphere]. Kyiv: EMC HE, 1991. 49 p.
- Semenova I. G. Spatial-temporal distribution of droughts in Ukraine in the context of future climate change. Fizychna heohrafiya ta heomorfolohiya – Fisical Geografy and Geomorfology, 2015, issue 01 (77), pp. 144-151. (In Ukrainian)
- Voloshin V. G. Dinamicheskaya model zagryazneniya atmosfery s meteorologicheskim preprotsessorom [Dynamic model of atmospheric pollution with meteorological preprocessor]. Odessa: Ekologiya, 2013. 296 p.
- Stepanenko S. M. Dynamika ta modelyuvannya klimatu [Dinamics and climate modelling]. Odessa, 2013. 203 p.
- Klimatychni zminy ta yikh vplyv na sfery ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Climate change and their impact on the spheres of economy of Ukraine]. Odessa: TES, 2015. 520 p. (Eds: S. M. Stepanenko, A. M. Polevoy).
- Kivhanov A. F., Khomenko G. V., Khokhlov V. M., Bondarenko V. M. Hidrodynamichni modeli prohnozu pohody i sitkovi metody yikh realizatsiyi [Hydrodynamic models of weather forecasting and network methods of their realization]. Odessa: TES, 2002. 179 p.
- Khomenko G. V., Khokhlov V. M. Hidrodynamichni metody prohnozu pohody [Hydrodynamic weather forecasting methods]. Odessa: Ekolohiya, 2008. 338 p.
- Khomenko G. V., Khokhlov V. M., Bondarenko V. M. Praktykum z hidrodynamichnykh metodiv prohnozu pohody [Workshop on hydrodynamic methods of weather forecast]. Odessa: TES, 2002. 206 p.
- Goncharova L. D. Vozdushnyye techeniya troposfery i stratosfery severnogo polushariya [Air currents of the troposphere and stratosphere of the northern hemisphere]. Odessa: TES, 2014. 297 p.
- Shkol’nyy Ye. P., Loyeva I. D., Honcharova L. D. Obrobka ta analiz hidrometeorolohichnoyi informatsiyi [Processing and analysis of hydrometeorological information]. Odessa, 1999. 600 p.
- Groisman P. Ya., Ivanov S. V. Regional aspects of climateterrestrial-hydrologic interactions in non-boreal Eastern Europe. Springer, 2009. 376 p.
- Burman E. A. Mestnyye vetry [Local winds]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1969. 343 p.
- Borisova S. V. Mezomasshtabnyye tsirkulyatsii v gorakh [Mesoscale circulation in the mountains]. Odessa: Ekologiya, 2013. 222 p.
- Babichenko V. M. Stykhіynі meteorolohіchnі yavyshcha na terytorіyi Ukrainy za ostannye dvadtsyatyrіchchya (1986-2005) [Elemental meteorological phenomena on the territory of Ukraine during the last twenty years (1986-2005)]. UkrSRHMI; State Hydrometeorological Service. Kyiv: Nika-Center, 2006. 312 p.
- Buikov M. V. Kinetics of distillation in a polidisperse fog. Izv Acad Sci USSR, Ser. Geophys, 1961, vol. 7, pp. 1058-1065 (published by the American Geophysical Union and the American Meteorological Society).
- Pirnach G. M. Chysel’ne modelyuvannya khmar ta opadіv u systemakh atmosfernykh frontіv [Numerical simulation of clouds and precipitation in systems of atmospheric fronts]. UkrSRHMI. Kyiv: Nika-Center, 2008, 295 p.
- Bakhanov V. P. Physics of clouds and active impacts. Report on the works for 1987-1990, submitted to the International Association of Meteorology and Atmospheric Physics for the 20th Assembly of the International Geophysical and Geo-Discipline Union. Moscow: Interdepartmental Geophysical Committee of
the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1991, pp. 5-25. (In Russian)
- Leskov B. N. Technological aspects of productions increase in winter rainfall. Tr. UkrNIGMI – Scientific works of UkrSRHMI, 1991, issue 242, pp. 3-17. (In Russian)
- Voloschuk V. M., Prusov V. A., Budak I. V., Shpig V. M., Krivobok O. A., Skrynyk O. Ya. The system of operative response to accidental emissions of harmful impurities into the atmosphere. Tr. UkrNIGMI – Scientific works of UkrSRHMI, 2015, issue 267, pp. 3-8. (In Ukrainian)
- Prusov V. A., Doroshenko A. Y. Hydrodynamic Modeling of Industrial Pollutants Spreading in Atmosphere. Mathematical Problems in Meteorological Modelling, 2016, pp 87-116. (Eds: András Bátkai, Petra Csomós, István Faragó, András Horányi, Gabriella Szépszó).
- Martasinova V. F, Timofeev V. E. The role of atmospheric circulation in climate change in the Antarctic Peninsula. Global’nye i regional’nye izmeneniya klimata [Global and regional climate change]. Kiev, Nika-Center, 2011, pp. 267-279. (In Russian)
- Martazinova V. F. The metod of the floating analog, twomonth quasi-periodicity of the atmospheric processes and longrange weather forecasting. APEC Seminar Reports, 2006. http://www.apcc21.net/common/ download.php?filename=sem/CLIMATe%20CHANGE.
- Martasinova V. F. The method of a floating analog and a twostage quasiperiodicity of atmospheric processes in long-term forecasting. Sb. Problemy i dostizheniya dolgosrochnogo meteorologicheskogo prognozirovaniya [Coll. works Problems and achievement of long-term meteorological forecasting]. Kiev:
Nika-Center. 2012. (In Russian)
- Shpyg V., Budak I., Pishniak D., Poperechnyi P. The Application of Regional NWP Models to Operational Weather Forecasting in Ukraine. CAS Technical Conference (TECO) on “Responding to the Environmental Stressors of the 21st Century” : 18-19 November 2013 : Conf. Materials. Antalya, 2013. http://www.wmo.int/pages/ prog/arep/ cas /documents/Ukraine-NWPModels.pdf 36. Shpyg V., Budak I. WRF reflectivity simulation and verification of thunderstorm forecast by radar and surface observation.
16th International Radar Symposium : 24-26 June 2015 : Symposium Materials. Dresden, 2015, pp. 610-615. DOI:10.1109/IRS.2015.7226388.
- Martazinova V. F., Ivanova E. K. Classification of synoptic processes by the method of fields of standards and its application in long-term weather forecast. Trudy nauchnogo seminara «Problemy i dostizheniya dolgosrochnogo meteorologicheskogo prognozirovaniya», 5-7 oktyabrya 2011 [Proc. of the scientific
seminar “Problems and achievement of long-term meteorological forecasting”, October 5-7, 2011]. Kiev, Nika -Centre, 2011. pp. 40-46. (In Russian)
- Balabukh V. A, et al. An integrated information system on spontaneous meteorological phenomena and processes that determine them. Global’nye i regional’nye izmeneniya klimata [Global and regional climate change]. Kiev: Nika-Center, 2011. p. 147-154. (In Russian)
- Krivobok O. A., Krivoshein A. O. New technical and technological possibilities of monitoring for especially dangerous phenomena of the weather. Pershyy Vseukrains’kyy hіdrometeorolohіchnyy z’izd: 22-23 bereznya 2017 r., m. Odesa, Ukraina [First All-Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Congress: March 22-23, 2017, Odessa, Ukraine]. Odessa: TPP, 2017, pp. 258-260. (In Russian)
- Khotyaintsev V. M., Bardakov R. V., Krakovska S. V., Spyg V. M. Evolution of a mixed cloud: growth of ice particles. Tr. UkrNIGMI – Scientific works of UkrSRHMI, 2016, issue 268, pp. 3-15. (In Ukrainian)
Authors: Balabukh V., Khokhlov V.
Title: Problems and prospects of climatology development in Ukraine
The article analyzes the current state of climatology in Ukraine, the problems and prospects for its development. It is shown that although Ukraine the signed the Paris Agreement and this fact is very important for the development of modern climatology, Ukraine’s state policy on climate change has a fragmented character and is currently considered exclusively as a component of environmental policy. The lack of systems approach to the problem of climate change makes it impossible to make management decisions on actions for climate change adaptation and mitigation at the scale of whole economy of Ukraine. At the same time, the new tasks, which are due to the expediency of ratification by Ukraine of the Paris Agreement and the further implementation of its provisions,
require the development of a coherent and consistent state policy on climate change.
The main scientific directions of the development of climate services in Ukraine are presented in accordance with the Global Framework for Climate Services. The main tasks for each element of climate services – a platform for interaction with users, an information system for climate services, observing and monitoring systems, capacity development – are outlined for Ukraine, problems are indicated and prospective directions of development are proposed.
Authors: Balabukh V., Khokhlov V.
Tags: climate change; Climate Services; Climatology; изменение климата; климатическое обслуживание; климатология
- The Global Risks.Report 2017. World Economic Forum, Geneva. 2017. 78 р. World Economic Forum.
- Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of December 7, 2016 No. 932-r “About approval of the Concept of sale of state policy in the sphere of climate change for the period till 2030”. Government portal.
http://www.kmu.gov.ua/control/uk/ cardnpd?docid=249573705 (In Ukrainian).
- Climate knowledge for action: a global framework for climate services – Empowering the most vulnerable. World Meteorological Organization, 2011, no. 1065. 293 p. http://www.uncclearn.org/sites/default/files/inventory/wmo01_5_0.pdf (In Russian)
- Implementation Plan for the Global Framework for Climate Services. World Meteorological Organization, 2014. 96 p. https://www.wmo.int/gfcs/sites/default/files/implementationplan//GFCS-IMPLEMENTATION-PLAN-4211_ru.pdf (In Russian)
- Strategic framework for adaptation to climate change in the Dniester River Basin. UNECE, 2015. 72 p.
https://ehlm.unece.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=22741054 (In Russian)
- Implementation plan: Strategic framework for adaptation to climate change in the Dniester basin. Zoï Environment Network, 2017. 76 p. http://www.zoinet.org/web/sites/default/files/publications/Dniester-web.pdf. (In Russian).
- Shtyasnyy P., Lapin M., Balabukh V. Adaptatsiya do zminy klimatu [Adapting to climate change]. Carpathian Institute of Development; Agency for the Promotion of the Sustainable Development of the Carpathian Region “FORZA”. 2015. 88 p. http://www.forza.org.ua/sites/default/files/global_climate_changes_training_manual_ua_screen_final.pdf
- Kyyivs’ka mis’ka stratehiya. Poperedzhennya ta adaptatsiya do zminy klimatu: proekt. [Kiev city strategy. Preventing and adaptation to climate change: project]. The Taras Shevchenko university of Kyiv. 2013.188 p.
- Balabukh V. O., Zhyla S. M., Orlov O. O., Yaremchenko O. A Vrazlyvi ekosystemy Polis’koho pryrodnohozapovidnyka ta yoho okolyts’ v umovakh hlobal’noho poteplinnya: problemy ta shlyakhy vyrishennya [Vulnerable ecosystems Polissya Nature Reserve and its surroundings in terms of global warming: Problems and ways of solution]. Kyiv: Publ. TOV «NVP Interservis», 2013. 92 p.
- Otsinka vplyvu klimatychnykh zmin na haluzi ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Estimation of climate change impact on Ukrainian economy]. Odessa: Ekolohiya, 2011. 694 p. (Eds: S. M. Stepanenko, A. M. Polevoy).
- Klimatychni zminy ta yikh vplyv na sfery ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Climate change and its impact on Ukrainian economy]. Odessa: Publ “TES”, 2015. 518 p. (Eds: S. M. Stepanenko, A. M. Polevoy).
- Coastal Lagoons in Europe. Integrated Water Resource Management. London: IWA Publishing, 2015. 227p.
(Eds: Ana I. Lillebø, Per Stålnacke, Geoffrey D. Gooch).
Authors: Shkolnyy E.P., Sushchenko A.I.
Title: Statiatical structure of the fields of geopotential heights of 850 HPA pressure level in the western sector of the southern hemisphere
Study of the El Niño-La Niña is a major challenge for the scientific community. In addition to the impact on weather and climate in different regions of the Earth, this phenomenon is associated with the socio-economic impact for many countries. The task of such a large-scale phenomenon prognosis is associated with considerable difficulties, one of the main problems is the infrequency of its occurrence and changes in the characteristics between the events. Therefore, a comprehensive study of its urgent task for the international scientific community.
This paper presents the results of a study of the statistical structure of the fields of geopotential heights of 850 hPa pressure level in the western sector of the Southern hemisphere. The study was conducted using a component analysis. Decomposition fields of principal components in different scales are shown. Filtered field anomalies suggest tendencies of formation of the zonal Walker’ cells, characteristic for the warm period of El Niño, La Niña, when the structure of the Walker’ cell is less pronounced. Tendencies offset to the east of the Pacific high in the Southern Hemisphere to split it into two parts, as can be seen from the fields of geopotential height anomalies. The zonal circulation Walker’ cell in the warm and cold phases of ENSO is clearly appeared in the fields of geopotential heights, when is highlight the part caused by the second principal components.
Authors: Shkolnyy E.P., Sushchenko A.I.
Tags: filtered field; geopotential field; the field anomalies; the main components; главные компоненты; отфильтрованное поле; поле аномалий; поля геопотенциала
- Bondarenko A. L., Zhmur V. V. Fizicheskie problemy ekologii (ekologicheskaya fizika) – Physical problems of ecology (Environmental Physics). Moscow: MAKS PRESS; The M. V. Lomonosov MSU, Physics faculty,
2005, no. 13, pp. 35–44. (In Russian)
- Penland C. A stochastic model of Indo-Pacific sea surface temperature anomalies. Physica D, 1996, vol. 98, pp. 534–558.
- Byshev V. I., Neyman V. I., Byshev V. G., Romanov Yu. A., Serykh I. V. Sovremennye problemy distantsionnogo zondirovaniya Zemli iz kosmosa – Modern problems of remote sensing of the Earth from space, 2011, no. 4, pp. 200–208. (In Russian)
- Gushchina D. Yu., Devitt B., Petrosyants M. A. Izvestiya Rossiyskoy akademii nauk. Fizika atmosfery i okeana – Russian Academy of Sciences. Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, 2000, no. 5, pp. 581–604. (In Russian)
- Gushchina D. Yu., Petrosyants M. A. Meteorologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology and climatology, 1998, no. 12, pp. 5–15. (In Russian)
- Gushchina D. Yu., Petrosyants M. A., Semenov E. K. Meteorologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology and climatology, 1997, no. 2, pp. 14–27. (In Russian)
- Huang B., Schopf S., Shukla J. Coupled ocean-atmosphere variability in the tropical Atlantic Ocean. CLIVAR Exchanges, 2002, vol. 7 (no. 3/4), pp. 24–27.
- Karoly D. J. Southern Hemisphere circulation features associated with El Nino-southern oscillation events. Journal of Climate, 1989, no. 2, pp. 1239–1252.
- Bondarenko A. L., Zhmur V. V. Meteorologiya i gidrologiya – Meteorology and climatology, 2004, no. 11,
pp. 39–52. (In Russian)
- Lau N.-C. Modeling the seasonal dependence of the atmospheric response to observed El Ninos in 1962-76.
Mon.Wea.Rev., 1985, vol. 113, pp. 1970-1996.
- McWilliams J., Gent P. A coupled air-sea model for the tropical Pacific. J. Atmos. Sci., 1978, vol. 35, pp. 962–989.
- Penland C., Sardeshmukh P. D. The optimal growth of tropical sea surface temperature anomalies. J. Climate, 1995, vol. 8, pp. 1999–2024.
- Trenberth K. E. Spatial and temporal variations of the southern oscillation. Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society, 1976, no. 102, pp. 639–653.
- Shkol’nyy E. P., Mayboroda L. A. Atmosfera i upravlenie dvizheniem letatel’nykh apparatov [Atmosphere and traffic control of flying machines]. Leningrad, 1973. P. 571.
Authors: Sumak E.N., Shakur V.N.
Title: Technologies of making meteorological weather forecasts implemented in the Hydrometeorological Department of the Respublic of Belarus
The article describes the methods of making short-term weather forecasts and storm warnings in the Hydrometeorological Department of the Republic of Belarus using different sources of information (monitoring of synoptic situation, use of various satellite information, radar data etc.). It presents information about an observation network operating in the country (upper-air and surface observations). It also indicates the aims and results of the BALTRAD project resulting in creation of a modern, real-time meteorological radar network which connects the Republic of Belarus and the countries of Baltic region.
The article contains short information about use of numerical weather forecasting models, in particular, the mesoscale model WRF-ARW which runs on the cluster system available in the Hydrometeorological Department. The GFS model data (0.25° increment) are used as a source of input data for modelling. Once launched the WRF model generates a forecast with advance time of 48 hours while time resolution of output data is equal to 1 hour. Calculation is performed as per “nested grids” with two domains having spatial resolution of 15 and 3 km which provides detailed information and enables making forecasts of local phenomena.
Special attention is paid to products of the department of meteorological forecasts, especially to the hydrometeorological bulletin for the President with its structure being specified. The risk gradations are shown and characterized with allocation of colour codes based thereon in order to introduce respective forecast meteorological products: the weather is not dangerous (“green”); the weather is potentially dangerous (“yellow”); the weather is dangerous (“orange”); the weather is very dangerous (“red”).
The article specifies current problems arising during conduction of hydrometeorological activities and the ways they can be solved as indicated in the Strategy for Development of Hydrometeorological and Environmental Monitoring Activities in the Republic of Belarus until 2030.
Authors: Sumak E.N., Shakur V.N.
Tags: development prospects; hydrometeorological activity; numerical models of atmosphere; weather forecast; гидрометеорологическая деятельность; мониторинг; перспективы развития; прогноз погоды; численные модели атмосферы
- Determination of the set of verification parameters for the work version of the program-methodical complex of mesoprognosing of atmospheric processes. Resp. executor I. A. Dementsova. Minsk, 2014. 87 p. № GR 20130940. (In Russian)
- Lapo P. O., Shakur V. N., Prakharenia М. Trudy Gidromettsentra Rossii – Proceedings of Hydrometcentre of Russia, 2015, vol. 358, pp. 67–77. (In Russian)
- TKP 17.10-06-2008 (02120). Okhrana okruzhayushchey sredy i prirodopol’zovaniye. Gidrometeorologiya. Pravila sostavleniya kratkosrochnykh prognozov pogody obshchego naznacheniya [Environmental protection and nature management. Hydrometeorology. Rules for composing of short-term general weather forecasts]. Minsk, 2008. 34 p.
- Strategiya razvitiya gidrometeorologicheskoy deyatel’nosti i deyatel’nosti v oblasti monitoringa okruzhayushchey sredy Respubliki Belarus’ na period do 2030 goda [The development strategy of the hydrometeorological activity and activity in the field of environmental monitoring of the Republic
of Belarus until 2030] URL: http://hmc.by/category/rhmc/norm
Authors: Prokharenya М.I.
Title: Convective phenomena forecasting based on output data of numerical models available in the Hydrometeorological Centre of the Republic of Belarus
In the article you can read about the methods used for forecasting convective processes by means of output products of numerical models with various spatial resolution. It presents the methods for forecasting convective phenomena applied in the Hydrometeorological Centre of the Republic of Belarus. The state of the atmosphere affected by intensive convection over the territory of the Republic of Belarus on July 13, 2016 is analyzed. The categorial evaluation of the thunderstorm forecasting methods by G.D. Reshetov and I.A. Slavin is specified with the respective results presented. The article analyzes the forecast of convective phenomena conducted with the help of the non-hydrostatic regional model WRF-ARW.
Use of convective instability indices and calculation methods can facilitate convective phenomena forecasting. The advantage of their use consists in possibility of their application within the areas not covered by aerological sounding. However, selection of indicators of instability and methods of thunderstorm and other dangerous phenomena forecasting depends on features of an area under study and this requires further research.
To ensure more accurate convective phenomena forecasting it is necessary to consider radar, satellite and aerological observations when conducting numerical model calculations. The results of the research showed that convective phenomena forecasting requires use of models with a high spatial resolution.
Authors: Prokharenya М.I.
Tags: categorial evaluation; indices of instability; the method of G. D Reshetov; the method of I. A. Slavin; the Republic of Belarus
- Lapo Palina,Yaroslava Sokolovskaya, Svetashev Alexander, Krasouski Alexander, Barodka Siarhei, Leonid Turishev, Siarhei Barodka. Summertime Thunderstorms Prediction in Belarus. European Geoscience Union General Assembly 2015, held 14-17 April, 2015, EGU2015-14170.
- Reshetov G. D. Forecast of day and night thunderstorms. Trudy GMTs SSSR – Proceedings of the State Medical Cen-ter of the USSR, 1977, vol. 176, p. 86. (In Russian)
- Zverev А. S. Sinopticheskaya meteorologiya [The Synoptic meteorology]. Leningrad: Gidrometizdat, 1977. 711 p.
- Bokatkin О. G., Tarakanov G. G. Osnovy meteorologii [The Fundamentals of meteorology]. St. Petersberg: RSHMU, 2007. 232 p.
- Matveev L. T. Kurs obshchey meteorologii. Fizika atmos-fery [The general meteorology course. The physics of the atmosphere]. Leningrad: Gidrometizdat, 1984. 300 p.
- Khromov S. P., Mamontova L. I. Meteorologicheskiy slovar’ [Meteorological dictionary]. Leningrad: Hydrometizdat, 1974. 568 p. (Ed.: V. I. Kuzmenko).
- Recommendations for the Verification and Intercomparison of QPFs and PQPFs from Operational NWP Models. WMO/TD-No.1485 (WWRP 2009-1).
- GD 52.27.284–91. Methodological recommendation. Con-ducting operational (operational) tests of new and improved methods of hydrometeorological and heliographic forecasts. Moscow, 1991. 150 p. (In Russian).
- The Centre for Australian Weather and Climate Research. Forecast Verification Issues, Methods and FAQ. URL: http://www.cawcr.gov.au/projects/verification/ (accessed 25 January 2017)
Authors: Rybchenko L.S., Savchuk S.V.
Title: Monitoring the solar energy resources of Ukraine
Amid political and, consequently, economic and environmental problems engulfing Ukraine one of the today’s challenges consists in studying the possibility of use of natural potential of renewable energy sources. Resources of solar radiation have no negative impact on the natural environment and human activity. Therefore development of helioenergetics and at the same time climatic substantiation of solar power plants use research become more and more important. The purpose of this article is to evaluate of the solar radiation potential opportunities for implementation of technical innovations within the territory of Ukraine and to identify prospects of helioenergetics development. Special indicators of solar radiation components for 1961-1990 s are showed. Using the method of mathematical statistics we defined a value of direct solar radiation contribution forming a part of the total radiation for the warm season (April-September). During the period of 1991-2015 an increase of solar radiation climatic resources relative to climatological standard norm of 1961-1990 was revealed. Over 2001-2015 annual direct and total solar radiation values increased even more in comparison to 1991-2000. Increase of duration of sunshine was also observed. Due to changes of radiation characteristics special indicators of solar
for 1991-2015 were specified. The prospects of solar radiation use in helioenergetics proved their feasibility in Crimea, steppe zone, eastern part of forest-steppe zone and even in some parts of Polissya. Comparing to previous years, in terms of sunshine duration over 2000 hours per annum the territory expanded northward. Restrictions on innovations implementation apply to western forest-steppe zone and mountainous areas of Ukrainian Carpathians. Increase of solar radiation regime components determining the feasibility of solar power energy resources form the basis for their countrywide use.
Authors: Rybchenko L.S., Savchuk S.V.
Tags: direct and total solar radiation; duration sunshine; solar energy climatic resources; special indicators the solar energy resources; гелиоэнергетические ресурсы; продолжительность солнечного сияния; прямая и суммарная солнечная радиация; специализированные показатели солнечных энергетических ресурсов
- Abakumova G. M., Gorbarenko Ye. V., Nezval Ye. I., Shilovtseva O. A. Klimaticheskie resursy solnechnoy energii Moskovskogo regiona [Climatic resources of solar energy in the Moscow region]. Moscow: Knizhny dom LIBROKOM, 2012. 312 р.
- Atlas of the energy potential of renewable and alternative energy sources. Kiev: Institute of renewable energy of NASU, 2005. 44 р. (In Ukrainian)
- Atlases of heat and sunny climates in Russia. St. Petersburg: Publ. MGO, 1997. 173 р. (Ed.: M. M. Borisenko,
V. V. Stadnik). (In Russian)
- Berliand T. G., Stadnik V. V. Climatic studies of radiation and heat Earth balance. Sovremennye issledovaniya Glavnoy geofizicheskoy observatorii [Modern research Main Geophysical Observatory]. St. Petersburg, 2001, Vol. 2, рр. 273-296. (In Russian)
- Dzenzerskii V. A. Prospects of solar power development in Ukraine. Nauka ta innovatsiyi – Science and innovations, 2007, no. 3, рр. 36-42. (In Russian)
- Pivovarova Z. I. Development of climatic parameters for potential solar radiation energy resources evaluation on the territory of the USSR. Materialy ХІІ soveshchaniya po aktinometrii [Proceedings of XII conference on actinometry]. Irkutsk, 1984, рp. 57-61. (In Russian)
- Kobysheva N. V., Khairullin K. S. (Eds). Entsiklopediya klimaticheskikh resursov Rossiyskoy Federatsii [Encyclopedia of the Russian Federation climatic resources]. St. Petersburg: Gidrometeoizdat, 2005, 319 р.
- Volevakha M. M., Goisa M. I. Enerhetychni resursy klimatu Ukrayiny [Energy resources of Ukraine climate]. Kyiv: Naukova Dumka, 1967. 132 р.
- Lipіns’kiy V. M., Dyachuk V. A., Babichenko V. M. (Eds). Klimat Ukrayiny [Climate of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Rayevs’kyy Publ., 2003. 343 p.
- Dmytrenko L. V., Barandich S. L. Assessment of solar power climatic resources in Ukraine. Naukovi pratsi
UkrNDHMI – Scientific papers the UkrSRHI, 2007, issue 256, рр. 121-129. (In Ukrainian).
- Kudria T. S., Reztsov V. F. Surzhyk T. V. Some features of solar energy transformation in the elements of solar collectors and solar batteries. Dopovidi NAN Ukrayiny – Reports of the NAS of Ukraine, 2005, issue 3, рр. 88-92. (In Ukrainian)
- Mkhitaryan N. M. Energetika netraditsionnykh i vozobnovlyaemykh istochnikov [Alternative and renewable energy sources]. Kiev: Naukova Dumka, 1999. 314 р.
- Selikhov Yu. A., Kotsarenko V. A. Evaluation of the solar collectors’ thermal energy conversion effectiveness. Ekotekhnologii i resursosberezhenie – Ecological technologies and resource conservation, 2006, issue 1, рp. 8-12. (In Russian)
- Sukhin Ye. I. Netraditsionnaya energetika v obespechenii ekonomicheskoy bezopasnosti gosudarstva [Alternative energy in the state economic security provision]. Kiev: Znania Ukraini, 2004. 299 р.
- Shchokin A. R. Decisions and Directives of the European Union to create favorable conditions for energy produced from renewable energy sources use that must be considered on the Ukraine’s way to join the European Union. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-tekhnichnoyi konferentsiyi “Enerhoefektyvnist’-2005”, misto Odesa, 14 zhovtnya 2005 roku [Proceedings of the International Scientific
Conference “Energy efficiency-2005” city Odessa] October 14, 2005]. Odesa, 2005, р. 22-28. (In Ukrainian)
- Climate cadastre Ukraine: 6 parts. Part 1: Solar radiation and sunshine. Kyyiv: USRHMI; CGO, 2006. 136 p. (In Ukrainian)
- Rybchenko L. S., Savchuk S. V. Potential of helioenergetical and climatic resources of solar radiation in Ukraine. Ukrayins’kyy heohrafichnyy zhurnal – Ukrainian Geographical Journal, 2015, issue 4, рр. 16-23. (in Ukrainian)
Authors: Polevoy A.N., Bozhko L.E., Adamenko Т. I.
Title: Agrometeorological research in Ukraine
The article in question describes the history of development of agrometeorological service activities for agricultural production from the days of Mikhail Vasilyevich Lomonosov to the present. It is pointed out that the agrometeorological service experienced especially rapid development in the second half of the twentieth century. Establishment of the Department of Agricultural Meteorology in 1953 at the Ukrainian Research Hydrometeorological Institute stimulated development of agrometeorological research in Ukraine. Three stages can be distinguished in researches of this department on the influence of weather conditions on yield formation. At the first stage (1953 – 1963) generalization and systematization of the materials for study into agrohydrological soil properties were performed. At the second stage (1963 – 1973) a working hypothesis on the scheme for taking account of the influence of weather conditions on the vegetative mass increase was formulated, and a correlation analysis of crop productivity with hydrometeorological elements was carried out. A huge amount of work on research into the regime of photosynthetically active radiation and crop productivity as well as into the phytoclimate of the sown areas has been performed. The third stage (since 1974) is the stage of formation of a basic model for crop productivity and development of methods for forecasting productivity.
The agrometeorological service activities for agricultural production at every level is imple-mented in accordance with the approved annual plans for hydrometeorological activity of organizations. A basis for the agrometeorological provision is formed by the materials of meteorological and agrometeorological observations which are conducted at 163 meteorological stations throughout the country.
The Hydrometeorological Service of Ukraine represents the country in the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), an agency of the United Nations Organization (UNO). Leading agrometeorology experts take part in the activity of WMO Commission for Agricultural Meteorology (CAgM).
Relying on the scientifically substantiated methods of agrometeorological assessment, forecasts and recommendations, the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center and the regional centres for Hydrometeorology provide all the agricultural industries of the Agroindustrial complex with relevant information.
Authors: Polevoy A.N., Bozhko L.E., Adamenko Т. I.
Tags: agricultural production; agrometeorological service; climate; hydrometeorological service; meteorological observations; weather; агрометеорологическое обслуживание; гидрометеорологическая служба; климат; метеорологические наблюдения; погода; сельскохозяйственное производство
Authors: Baisholanov S.S., Polevoy A.N.
Title: Agroclimatic zoning of the northern grain-producing territory of Kazakhstan
Introduction. The existing agroclimatic handbooks in Kazakhstan are outdated in informational and
technological relation. Therefore it is necessary to conduct reassessment of agroclimatic resources.
Purpose. The agroclimatic zoning of the territory of northern Kazakhstan in terms of heat supply and moisture
Methods. Data of meteorological stations over 1981-2014 were used. Methods of statistic and climatologic
processing of data were applied. Agro-climatic maps were developed using the ArcGIS 10.1 software.
Results. Analysis of spatial distribution of values of moisture coefficient K and sums of active air temperatures
above 10оC provided an opportunity to single out 6 agroclimatic zones of plain territory of Kazakhstan. Zones from 3 to 6 are subdivided into two types in terms of thermal conditions. There are 3 agroclimatic zones singled out within the territory of North Kazakhstan Region, 4 zones – in Kostanai region, 4 zones – in Akmola region, 2 zones – in Pavlodar region. Distribution of drought characteristics, hot dry winds and climatic terms for beginning of spring field works within Akmola region’s agroclimatic zones was given as an example for systematization of spatial distribution of respective values. The first zone with moderately humid and moderately warm climate has severe droughts with recurrence of 2%, hot winds of moderate intensity are observed during 2-3 days, climatic terms for beginning of spring field works fall on 15th-19th of May. The fourth zone with moderately dry and warm climate has severe droughts with recurrence of 30-35%, hot winds of moderate intensity are observed during 20-25 days, climatic terms for beginning of spring field works fall on 5th-7th of May.
Conclusions. There are 3 agroclimatic zones singled out within the territory of North Kazakhstan Region, 4 zones – in Kostanai region, 4 zones – in Akmola region, 2 zones – in Pavlodar region.
Authors: Baisholanov S.S., Polevoy A.N.
Tags: agroclimatic zones; heat supply; moisture coefficient; moisture content; sum of temperatures; vegetation period; агроклиматические зоны; вегетационный период; влагообеспеченность; коэффициент увлажнения; сумма температур; теплообеспеченность
- Koloskov P. I. Agroklimaticheskoe rayonirovanie Kazakhstana [Agroclimatic zoning of Kazakhstan]. Moscow: Publishing House of the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1947. 267 p.
- Mischenko Z. A. Agroklimatologiya [Agroklimatology]. Kiev: KNT, 2009. 512 p.
- Grigoruk V. V., Ayulov A. M., Dolgikh S. V., Baisholanov S. S. Akmolinskaya oblast: klimat i urozhay [Akmola region: climate and harvest]. Almatyi, 2012. 88 p.
- Baisholanov S. S., Polevoy A. N. The assessment of the moisture providing of vegetation period in northern grain-seeding territory of Kazakhstan. Physical geography and geomorphology. Scientific collections. Kyyiv: T. Shevchenko National University of Kiev, 2016, vol. 3(83), pp. 95-102. (In Russian)
- Losev A. P. Praktikum po agroklimaticheskomu obespecheniyu rastenievodstva [Workshop on agro-climatic security crop]. St-Pb.: Gidrometeoizdat, 1994. 243 p.
- Gordeev A. V., Kleshchenko A. D., Chernyakov B. A., Sirotenko O. D. Bioklimaticheskiy potentsial Rossii: teoriya i praktika [Bioclimatic potential of Russia: Theory and Practice]. Moscow: Association of scientific editions KMK, 2006. 512 p.
Authors: Khilchevskyi V.K., Gopchenko E.D., Loboda N.S., Obodovskyi O.G., Grebin V.V., Shakirzanova Zh.R., Yushchenko Y.S., Sherstyuk N.P., Ovcharuk V.A.
Title: Hydrological science in universities and perspectives of its further development in Ukraine
Development of the Hydrology in universities of Ukraine is the formation and development of scientific schools, which promote of the better training of professionals.
Purpose of the article – to show the history of hydrological science in higher educational institutions of Ukraine, the formation of scientific schools, their achievements and problems, outline prospects for the development of Hydrology in universities .
The article presents the history of hydrological science in higher educational institutions of Ukraine since 1922, when E. Oppokov first time in Ukraine established the Department of Hydrology at the Kiev Polytechnic Institute, that passed difficult path of transformation and now is presented at the National University of Water Management and Nature (Rivne). It was described the development of hydrology at the Odessa State Environmental University (since 1932), Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University (since 1946), Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv (since 1949), Oles Gonchar Dnipro National University (since 2008). The results of the work of scientists hydrologists at these universities, especially Odessa scientific school of theoretical and applied hydrology and Kiev University scientific school of hydrochemistry and hydroecology was considered.
Hydrological Sciences at the Universities of Ukraine have a long tradition that has formed dur-ing last century. In general, it is today developing in the mainstream global hydrology. Prospects of Hydrological Sciences is closely linked to prospects of the national economy. Ukrainian hydrologists must work more closely with international institutions on joint research projects. The task of universities is not only intensify research, but also in improving the training of specialists hydrologists from the time when hydrology was included in “Earth Sciences”.
Authors: Khilchevskyi V.K., Gopchenko E.D., Loboda N.S., Obodovskyi O.G., Grebin V.V., Shakirzanova Zh.R., Yushchenko Y.S., Sherstyuk N.P., Ovcharuk V.A.
Tags: hydrochemistry; hydroecology; hydrology; scientific school; University hydrology
- Befani A. N. Basic theory of storm water. Trudy OGMI – Proceedings OGMI. Odessa, 1949, issue 4,. рр. 33-177. (In Russian).
- Befani A. N. Basic theory of storm water Part 2. Trudy OGMI – Proceedings OGMI. Odessa , 1958, issue 14. 309 р.
- Gushlya A. V.,Mezentsev V. S. Vodnobalansovye isledo-vaniya [Research of the Water balance]. Kiev: High School, 1982. 229 p. (In Russian).
- Befani N. F. Prognozirovanie dozhdevyh pavodkov na osnove territorial’no obshchih zavisimostey [Forecasting of the rain floods based on geographically general dependencies]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1977. 181 p.
- Grinval’d D. I. Turbulentnost’ ruslovyh potokov [Turbulence of channel flows]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1974. 166 p.
- Befani A. N., Befani N. F., Gopchenko E. D. Regional’nye modeli formirovaniya pavodochnogo stoka na territorii SSSR [Regional models of the formation of the flood flow in the territory of the USSR]. Obninsk, 1977. 60 p.
- Befani A. N. Voprosy regional’noy gidrologii. Pavodochnyy stok [Issues of the regional hydrology. Flow flood]. Kiev, 1989. 131 p.
- Odrova T. V. Gidrofizika vodoemov sushi [Hydrophysics of the reservoirs of the land]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1979. 311 p.
- Befani N. F., Kalinin G. P. Uprazhneniya i metodicheskie razrabotki po gidrologicheskim prognozam [Exercises and methodological inventions on hydrological forecasts]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1983. 389 p.
- Gopchenko E. D. Ovcharuk V. A. Formirovanie maksimal’nogo stoka vesennego polovod’ya v usloviyah yuga Ukrainy [Formation of the maximum spring runoff in the conditions of the south of Ukraine]. Odessa State Environmental University. Odessa: TES, 2002. 110 p.
- Gopchenko E. D., Romanchuk M. E. Normirovanie harakteristik maksimal’nogo stoka vesennego polovod’ya na rekah Prichernomorskoy nizmennosti [Normalization of the characteristics of the maximum runoff of spring water on the rivers of the Black Sea lowland]. Kiev: CST., 2005. 148 p.
- Gopchenko E. D., Loboda N. S. Vodnye resursy severo-zapadnogo Prichernomor’ya (v estestvennyh i narushennyh hozyaystvennoy deyatel’nost’yu usloviyah) [Water resources of the northwestern Black Sea (in natural conditions and conditions violated by anthropogenic activities) ]. Kiev: CST, 2005. 188 p.
- Gopchenko E. D., Ovcharuk V. A., Shakirzanova Zh. R. Rozrakhunky ta dovhostrokovi prohnozy kharakterystyk maksymal’noho stoku vesnyanoho vodopillya v baseyni r. Pryp”yat’ [Calculations and long-term forecasts features of maximum flow spring flood in the Pripyat basin]. Odessa: Ecology, 2011. 336 p.
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Gopchenko E. D. Aktual’nye problemy limanov severo-zapadnogo Prichernomor’ya [Actual problems of the estuaries of the north-western Black Sea region]. Odessa: TES, 2012. 224 p.
- Gopchenko E. D., Hoptsiy M. V. Maksymal’nyy stik doshchovykh pavodkiv u Prykarpatti [Maximum runoff of rain floods in the Carpathian region]. Odessa: TES, 2015. 125 p.
- Shakirzanova Zh. R. Dovhostrokove prohnozuvannya kharakterystyk maksymal’noho stoku vesnyanoho vodopillya rivnynnykh richok ta estuariyiv terytoriyi Ukrayiny [Long-term forecasting characteristics of maximum flow spring flood plains of rivers and estuaries in Ukraine]. Odessa: FOP Bondarenko M. O., 2015. 252 p.
- Loboda N. S., Gopchenko E. D. (Eds). Vodnyy rezhym ta hidroekolohichni kharakterystyky Kuyal’nyts’koho lymanu [Water regime and hydroecological characteristics of the Kuyalnik estuary]. Odessa: TES., 2016. 332 p.
- Gopchenko E. D., Kichuk N. S., Ovcharuk V. A. Maksymal’nyy stik doshchovykh pavodkiv na richkakh Pivdnya Ukrayiny [Maximum runoff of rain floods on the rivers of the south of Ukraine]. Odessa: TES., 2016. 212 p.
- Ovcharuk V. A., Gopchenko E. D., Traskova A. V. Normuvannya kharakterystyk maksymal’noho stoku vesnyanoho vodopillya v baseyni richky Dnister [Rationing of the characteristics of the maximum spring runoff in the Dniester River basin:]. Odessa: TES, 2017. 252 p.
- Loboda N. S. Raschety i obobshheniya harakteristik godovogo stoka rek Ukrainy v usloviyah antropogennogo vliyaniya [Calculations and generalizations of the characteristics of the annual runoff of the rivers of Ukraine under anthropogenic influence]. Odessa: Ecology, 2005. 208 p.
- Loboda N. S. Assessment of Water Resources of Ukraine in a changing regional climate and its impact on the economy of Ukraine. V kn. Otsinka vplyvu klimatychnykh zmin na haluzi ekonomiky Ukrayiny [In the book. Assessing the impact of climate change on the field of economy of Ukraine]. Odessa: Ecology, 2011, pp. 566-605. (In Ukrainian)
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Loboda N. S. (Eds). Vodni resursy ta hidroekolohichnyy stan Tylihul’s’koho lymanu [Water resources and hydroecological state of the Tiligul estuary]. Odessa: TES, 2014. 276 p.
- Stepanenko S. M., Pol’ovyy A. M., Loboda N. S. et al. Klimatychni zminy ta yikh vplyv na sfery ekonomiky Ukrayiny [Climate change and its impact on sectors of the economy of Ukraine]. Odessa: TES, 2015. 520 p. (Ed: Stepanenko S. M., Pol’ovyy A. M.).
- Peleshenko V. I. Otsenka vzaimosvyazi himicheskogo sostava razlichnyh tipov prirodnyh vod (na primere ravninnoy chasti Ukrainy) [Evaluation of the relationship between the chemical composition of various types of natural waters (for example, the plains of Ukraine)]. Kyiv: High School, 1975. 168 p.
- Peleshenko V. I., Zakrevskiy D. V., Gorev L. N., Hil’chevskiy V. K. Maps of the surface water of Ukraine. Hydrochemical Atlas of the USSR. Moscow: MDGC, 1990, pp. 58-65. (Ed: Nikanorov A. M., in Russian).
- Gorev L. N., Peleshenko V. I. Osnovy meliorativnoy gidrohimii [Fundamentals of meliorative hydrochemistry]. Kyiv: High School, 1991. 423 p.
- Horyev L. M. Osnovy modelyuvannya v hidroekolohiyi [Fundamentals of modeling in hydroecology]. Kyiv: Lybid, 1996. 336 p.
- Horyev L. M., Peleshenko V. I., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. Radioaktyvnist’ pryrodnykh vod [Radioactivity of Natural waters]. Kyiv: High School, 1993. 174 p.
- Horyev L. M., Peleshenko V. I., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. Hidrokhimiya Ukrayiny [Hydrochemistry of Ukraine]. Kyiv: High School, 1995. 307 p.
- Peleshenko V. I., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. Zahal’na hidrokhimiya [General Hydrochemistry]. Kyiv: Lybid, 1997. 384 p.
- Khil’chevs’kyy V K. Vodopostachannya i vodovidvedennya -hidroekolohichni aspekty [Water supply and water disposal – hydroecological aspects]. Taras Shevchenko Nat. Un-ty of Kyiv. Kyiv: Kyiv. University, 1999. 319 p.
- Romas’ M. I. Hidrokhimiya vodnykh ob`yektiv atomnoyi i teplovoyi enerhetyky [Hydrochemistry of water objects of nuclear and thermal power engineering]. Taras Shevchenko Nat. Un-ty of Kyiv. Kyiv: Kyiv. University, 2003. 532 p.
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. Rol’ ahrokhimichnykh zasobiv u formuvanni yakosti vod baseynu Dnipro [The role of agrochemicals in the formation of water quality in the Dnipro Basin]. Taras Shevchenko Nat. Un-ty of Kyiv. Kyiv: Kyiv. University, 1996. 222 p.
- Aks’om S. D., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. Vplyv sul’fatnoho karstu na khimichnyy sklad pryrodnykh vod u baseyni Dnistra [Effect of sulfate karst on the chemical composition of natural waters in the Dniester Basin]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2002. 204 p.
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Honchar O. M., Zabokryts’ka M. R. et al. Hidrokhimichnyy rezhym ta yakist’ poverkhnevykh vod baseynu Dnistra na terytoriyi Ukrayiny [Hydrochemical regime and quality of surface waters of the Dniester Basin in Ukraine]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2013. 180 p. (Eds: Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Stashuk V. A.).
- Budnik S. V., Khіl’chevs’kiy V. K. Gidrodinamika i gidrokhimiya sklonovykh vodotokov [Hydrodynamics and hydrochemistry of slope watercourses]. Kiev: Obriyi, 2005. 368 p.
- Zabokryts’ka M. R., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Manchenko A. P. Hidroekolohichnyy stan baseynu Zakhidnoho Buhu na terytoriyi Ukrayiny [Hydroecological state of the Western Bug river basin on the territory of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2006. 184 p.
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Romas’ I. M., Romas’ M. I. et al. Hidroloho-hidrokhimichna kharakterystyka minimalnoho stoku richok baseynu Dnipra [Hydrological and hydrochemical characteristics of the minimal runoff of the rivers of the Dnipro basin]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2007. 184 p. (Ed: Khil’chevs’kyy V. K.).
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Kurylo S. M., Dubnyak S. S. et al. Hidroekolohichnyy stan baseynu richky Ros’ [Hydroecological state of the basin of the river Ros]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2009. 115 p. (Ed: Khil’chevs’kyy V. K.).
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Romas’ M. I., Chunar’ov O. V. et al. Hidroekolohichnyy stan baseynu Horyni (v rayoni Khmel’nyts’koyi AES) [Hydroecological state of the Goryn River basin (near Khmelnitsky NPP)]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2011. 176 p. (Ed: Khil’chevs’kyy V. K.).
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Kravchyns’kyy R. L., Chunar’ov O. V. Hidrokhimichnyy rezhym ta yakist’ vody Inhul’tsya v umovakh tekhnohenezu [Hydrochemical regime and water quality of Inhulets in technogenesis]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2012. 180 p.
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Vynarchuk O. O., Honchar O. M. et al. Hidrokhimiya richok Livoberezhnoho lisostepu Ukrayiny [Hydrochemistry of the rivers of the Left-bank forest-steppe of Ukraine]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2014. 230 p. (Eds: Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Stashuk V. A.).
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Osadchyy V. I., Kurylo S. M. Osnovy hidrokhimiyi [Basics of hydrochemistry]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2012. 326 p.
- Osadchyy V. I., Osadcha N. M., Nabyvanets’ Yu. B., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. et al. Maps of environmental assessment of surface water quality. National Atlas of Ukraine. Kyiv: Kartohrafiya, 2007, pp. 181, 409-410. (Ed: Rudenko L. H.).
- Obodovs’kyy O. H. Ruslovi protsesy [Riverbed processes]. Taras Shevchenko Nat. Un-ty of Kyiv. Kyiv: Kyiv. University, 1998. 134 p.
- Obodovs’kyy O. H. Hidroloho-ekolohichna otsinka ruslovykh protsesiv (na prykladi richok Ukrayiny) [Hydrological and ecological assessment of riverbed processes (by the example of the rivers of Ukraine)]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr., 2001. 274 p.
- Kalinin M. Ju., Obodovskiy A. G. (Eds). Monitoring, ispol’zovanie i upravlenie vodnymi resursami v bassejne r. Pripjat’ [Monitoring, use and management of water resources in the basin of the river Pripyat]. Minsk: Belsens, 2003. 269 p.
- Obodovs’kyy O. H. Yaroshevych O. Ye. Hidromorfo-lohichna otsinka yakosti richok baseynu Verkhn’oyi Tysy [Hydromorphological assessment of the quality of the rivers in the Upper Tisza basin]. Kyiv: Interdruk, 2006. 70 p.
- Obodovs’kyy O. H. (Ed.) Ruslovi protsesy richky Limnytsya [Channel processes of the river Limnica]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2010. 256 p.
- Obodovs’kyy O. H., Onyshchuk V. V., Rozlach Z. V. Latorytsya: hidrolohiya, hidromorfolohiya, ruslovi protsesy [Latoritsa: hydrology, hydromorphology, channel processes]. Taras Shevchenko Nat. Un-ty of Kyiv. Kyiv: Kyiv. University, 2012. 319 p. (Ed: Obodovs’kyy O. H. ).
- Hrebin’ V. V. Suchasnyy vodnyy rezhym richok Ukrayiny (landshaftno-hidrolohichnyy analiz) [The current water regime of the rivers of Ukraine (landscape-hydrological analysis)]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2010. 316 p.
- Strutyns’ka V. M., Hrebin’ V. V. Termichnyy i l’odovyy rezhymy richok baseynu Dnipra z druhoyi polovyny XX st. [Thermal and ice regimes of the rivers of the Dnieper basin since the second half of the 20th century]. Kyiv: Nika-Tsentr, 2010. 196 p.
- Hrebin’ V. V., Mokin V. B., Stashuk V. A., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. et al. Metodyky hidrohrafichnoho ta vodohospodars’koho rayonuvannya terytoriyi Ukrayiny vidpovidno do vymoh Vodnoyi ramkovoyi dyrektyvy Yevropeys’koho Soyuzu [Methodology of the hydrodynamic and water supply of the district of Ukraine in accordance with the guidelines of the Water Framework Directive of the European Union]. Kyiv: Interpres, 2013. 55 p.
- Hrebin’ V. V., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Stashuk V. A. et al. Vodnyy fond Ukrayiny: Shtuchni vodoymy – vodoskho-vyshcha i stavky: dovidnyk [Water fund of Ukraine: Artificial reservoirs – reservoirs and ponds: reference book]. Kyiv: Interpres, 2014. 164 p. (Eds: Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Hrebin’ V. V.).
- Stashuk V. A., Mokin V. B., Hrebin’ V. V., Chunar’ov O. V Naukovi zasady ratsional’noho vykorystannya vodnykh resursiv Ukrayiny za baseynovym pryntsypom [Scientific basis of rational use of water resources of Ukraine on basin principle]. Kherson: Grin, 2014. 320 p. (Ed: Stashuk V. A.).
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Obodovs’kyy O. H., Gopchenko E. D. University hydrology, hydrochemistry and hydroecology: problems of steel development. Hydrology, hydrochemistry, hydroecology, 2005, vol. 7. pp. 9-24. (In Ukrainian).
- Khil’chevs’kyy V. K., Kurylo S. M. Methodical and regional aspects of the study of the transformation of the chemical composition of the river waters of Ukraine. Materials of the 6th All-Ukrainian Scientific Research Institute. Sciences. Conference with international participation: Problems of hydrology, hydrochemistry, hydroecology. Dnіpropetrovsk: Accent, 2014, pp. 292-294. (In Ukrainian)
- Kyrylyuk M. I. Vodnyy balans i yakisnyy stan vodnykh resursiv Ukrayins’kykh Karpat [Water balance and quality of water resources of the Ukrainian Carpathians]. Chernivtsi: Ruta, 2001. 246 p.
- Yushchenko Yu. S. Heohidromorfolohichni zakonomirnosti rozvytku rusel [Geohydromorphology of the regularities of river beds development]. Chernivtsi: Ruta, 2005. 320 p.
- Nykolayev A. M. Hidrolohichnyy ta hidrokhimichnyy rezhymy malykh richok urbanizovanoyi terytoriyi [Hydrological and hydrochemical regimes of small rivers of urbanized territory]. Yuri Fedkovych Cherniv. Nat. Un-ty. Chernivtsi, 2016. 132 p.
- Shevchuk Yu. F., Yavkin V. H., Shevchuk A. Yu. Yakist’ pytnoyi vody v systemi dzherelo-spozhyvach [Quality of drinking water in the source-consumer system]. Yuri Fedkovych Cherniv. Nat. Un-ty. Chernivtsi, 2013. 152 p.
- Sherstyuk N. P., Horb A. S., Dovhanenko D. O. et al. Hidrometeorolohichni aspekty tekhnohennoho vplyvu na dovkillya Dnipropetrovs’koyi oblasti [Hydrometeorological aspects of the technogenic impact on the environment of the Dnipropetrovsk region]. Dnipropetrovsk: Accent, 2014. 231 p.
- Sherstyuk N. P., Khil’chevs’kyy V. K. Osoblyvosti hidrokhimichnykh protsesiv u tekhnohennykh ta pryrodnykh vodnykh ob”yektakh Kryvbasu [Features of hydrochemical processes in technogenic and natural water bodies of Krivbass]. Dnipropetrovsk: Accent, 2012. 263 p.
- Yatsyk A. V. Ekolohiya vodokorystuvannya. Vodohospodars’ka ekolohiya: u 4-kh tomakh. T 3 [Ecology of water use. Water ecology: in 4 volumes, vol. 3]. Kyiv: Genesis, 2003. 496 p.
Authors: Tuchkovenko Yu.S., Aleksandrov B.H., Andrianova O.R., Golodov M.F., Komorin V.M., Matyhin O.S., Minicheva G.G., Popov Yu.I.
Title: Odessa scientific cluster for oceanographic research: current state and prospects
The paper presents an overview of the current state and prospects for development of oceanographic research that is performed at specialized institutions being the constituents of Odessa Scientific Cluster: The Ukrainian Scientific Center of Ecology of the Sea, the Institute of Marine Biology of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, the Odessa Area Branch of State Hydrographic Service of Ukraine, the Black and Azov Seas Center for Hydrometeorology, the Odessa State Environmental University and the Hydroacoustics Department of the S. I. Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine. The priority tasks in the field of Oceanology, defined at the First All-Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Congress having being held in Odessa on 22-23 March 2017 are formulated. It is concluded that after Ukraine had lost the Crimean Scientific Oceanographic Cluster, the Odessa Cluster remained the only center in Ukraine which structural units had practical experience in marine research, scientific potential, scientific and methodological developments, an infrastructure for implementation of the tasks of the Maritime Doctrine of Ukraine for the period of up to 2035 as regards the issues related to oceanographic support for the maritime economic activity and sustainable development of Ukraine as a maritime nation. However, a necessary precondition for this is enhancement of the system for organization of oceanographic research at the state level and proper resource support for development of the scientific and technical potential.
Authors: Tuchkovenko Yu.S., Aleksandrov B.H., Andrianova O.R., Golodov M.F., Komorin V.M., Matyhin O.S., Minicheva G.G., Popov Yu.I.
Tags: current state; oceanography; prospects; scientific cluster; Одесса
- On Approval of the Maritime Doctrine of Ukraine for the Period of up to 2035. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine no. 1307 of 07 October 2009. The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/1307-2009-%D0%BF (accessed: 22.05.2017).
- Alexandrov B., Arashkevich E., Gubanova A., Korshenko A. Black Sea monitoring guidelines: Mesozooplankton. Secre-tariat of commission on protection of the Black Sea against pollution. Istanbul, 2015. 31 p. http://emblasproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ Man-ual_mesozooplankton_EMBLAS_ann.pdf
- Kurilov A. Black Sea monitoring guidelines: Microzooplank-ton. Secretariat of commission on protection of the Black Sea against pollution. Istanbul, 2015. 31 p. http://emblasproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ Man-ual_microzooplankton_EMBLAS_ann.pdf
- Minicheva G., Afanasyev D., Kurakin A. Black Sea monitor-ing guidelines: Macrophytobenthos. Secretariat of commis-sion on protection of the Black Sea against pollution. Istanbul, 2015. 76 p. http://emblasproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Manual_macrophytes_EMBLAS_ ann.pdf
- Alexandrov B., Minicheva G., Zaitsev Ya. Black Sea network of marine protected areas: European approaches and adapta-tion to expansion and monitoring in Ukraine. Management of Marine Protected Areas: A Network Perspective, 2017, pp. 227 − 246. (Eds: P. Goriup. John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- On Hydrometeorological Activity: The Law of Ukraine no. 443-XIV of 18 February 1999. Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VVR), 1999, no. 16, art. 95. http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/443-14. (accessed: 22.05.2017).
- Chernyshev M. P. Kratkaya istoriya razvitiya gidrometeo-rologicheskikh nablyudeniy i issledovaniy na Chernom i Azovskom moryah [A Brief History of the Development of Hydrometeorological Observations and Research at the Black Sea and the Sea of Azov]. Sevastopol: Preprint, 1966. 152 p.
- Tuchkovenko Y. S., Sakhnenko O. I. Modeling of the wind waves transformation on the beach zone under the different variants of the wavebreaker reconstruction. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. J., 2007, no. 2, pp. 175-185. http://uhmj.odeku.edu.ua/uk/ modelyuvannya-transformatsiyi-vitrovih-hvil-v-priberezhnij-zoni-morya-za-riznih-variantah-rekonstruktsiyi-hvilelomu/ (In Russian)
- Tuchkovenko Y. S., Sakhnenko O. I. The modeling of the water dynamic on the beach zone under the different wave-wind conditions. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. J., 2008, no. 3, pp. 202-212. http://uhmj.odeku.edu.ua/en/ category/2008-en/03-en/ (In Russian)
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S. Mathematical Model for Calculation of Wind Currents in the Odessa Region of the Northwestern Part of the Black Sea. Meteorology, Climatology and Hy-drology, 2002, no. 45, pp. 107-117. (In Russian)
- Ivanov V. A., Tuchkovenko Yu. S. Prikladnoe mate-maticheskoe modelirovanie kachestva vod shel’fovykh mor-skikh ekosistem [Applied mathematical water-quality model-ing of shelf marine ecosystems]. Marine Hydrophysical Institute of NASU; Odessa State Environmental University. Sevastopol, 2006. 368 p.
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Ivanov V. A., Sapko О. Yu. Otsenka vliyaniya beregovykh antropogennykh istochnikov na kachestvo vod Odesskogo rayona severo-zapadnoy chasti Chernogo morya [Assessment of coastal anthropogenic sources impact on water quality in north-western part of Black Sea near Odessa]. Marine Hydrophysical Institute of NASU; Odessa State Environmental University. Sevastopol, 2011. 169 p.
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Ilyushyn V. Ya., Komorin V. N. Mod-elling of Sediment Transport in the Kerch Strait. Meteorol-ogy, Climatology and Hydrology, 2005, no. 49, pp. 446-459. (In Russian)
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Kushnir D. Results of adaptation of the Delft3D-FLOW model to the conditions of the Tyligulskyi estuary. Vìsn. Odes. derž. ekol. Unìv. – Bull. of OSENU, 2014, vol. 18, pp. 164-174. http://bulletin.odeku.edu.ua/en/category/2014-en/18-en/ (In Russian)
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S., Kushnir D. V., Loboda N. S. Estimation of the influence of water exchange with the sea conditions on the water level and salinity variability in the Tyligulskyi Li-man lagoon. Ukr. gìdrometeorol. ž. – Ukr. hydrometeor. J., 2015, no. 16, pp. 232-241. http://uhmj.odeku.edu.ua/en/category/2015-en/16-en/ (In Ukrainian)
- Kushnir D. V., Tuchkovenko Yu. S. Results of Modelling for the Sanding up of ‘the Tiligul Liman – the Black Sea’ Con-necting Canal being Reconstructed. Current Environmental State and Quality of Particular Regions: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference for Young Scientists (Odessa, 1-3 June 2016). Odessa: TES, 2016, pp. 124-128. (In Ukrainian)
- Sukhovey V. F., Ruban I. G. The structure of Antarctic Cir-cumpolar Current at Drake Passage and interannual variabil-ity of its transport. Vìsn. Odes. derž. ekol. Unìv. – Bull. of OSENU, 2009, vol. 7, pp. 203-209. http://bulletin.odeku.edu.ua/en/category/2009-en/07-en/ (In Ukrainian)
- Tuchkovenko Yu. S. Development of Components for the National System of Marine Forecasts in Ukraine. Abstracts of the First All-Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Congress with International Participation (Odessa, 22-23 March 2017). Odessa: TES, 2017, pp. 310-311. (In Ukrainian)