Authors: Lyashenko H.V., Kuznetsova Yu.O.
The article describes the need for and the results of research of the process of carbon dioxide absorption by the largest artificial forest in Europe growing in the South of Ukraine, near the town of Oleshky (Tsuryupynsk), on the Lower Dnieper sands, due to increase of air temperature of the planet. Forecasts of scientists around the world force us to concentrate all possible efforts of the planet to preserve its atmospheric air temperature at the level not exceeding by 1.5 – 2 °C. This forestry aroused scientists’ interest because of its location in the Steppe zone of Ukraine and its origin. The article analyzes the current state of the forest hunting range. The species of trees prevailing in the forest stand and occupying the largest area in terms of age classes are specified. Areas of wood species under study depending on their age are also shown. Study of selected species, namely Crimean pine and Scotch pine, in terms of intensity of carbon dioxide absorption by needles from autumn 2015 to summer 2016 was also carried out. Seasonal performance in the form of graphs with analysis of the process under study was demonstrated. The lowest and the highest values of the process under study were noted down. Obtained results make it possible to analyze the processes of carbon dioxide absorption throughout the year by pinaceous species, namely by Crimean pine and Scotch pine.
Tags: carbon dioxide; Crimean pine; forest; global warming; photosynthesis; Scotch pine
- Ekolohichne lykho: Vynyshchennya lisiv Ukrayiny. 2016. [Environmental disaster: Ukraine deforestation. 2016.]. Available at: ecology.unian.ua.
- Project of organization and development of the SE “Tsyurupinsk Forest Hunting Range” Kherson Regional Forestry and Hunting. Іrpіn, 2011, 192°p. (In Ukrainian)
- Moroziuk O.V. Global clіmate change and regіonal forests influence on the carbon balance. Trudy «Naukovyi vіsnyk L’vіv. nats. lіsotekhn. un-tu» – Proc. of Scientific Bulletin of the National forest-technical university, 2009, no. 19.15, pp. 88-92. (In Ukrainian)
- Pavliuk V. V. Growth of seedlings of softwoods at different light and CO2. Trudy «Lіsove hospodarstvo, lіsova, paperova і derevoobrobna promyslovіst’» – Proc. “Forestry, timber, paper and wood industry”, 2006, no. 30, pp. 214-220. (In Ukrainian)
- Lakyda P. I., Vasylyshyn R. D. Nadzemna fіtomasa ta deponovanyy vuhlets derev sosny kryms’koyi v Krymu [Overground phytomass and deposited carbon of Crimean pine trees in Crimea]. Available at: nubip.edu.ua (accessed 10 November 2015).
- Deineha E. A., Savateeva O. A. Ekspress – kontrol’ antropogennoy transformatsyi gorodskikh ekosistem metodami bioindikatsyi khvoynykh porod [Express – control of anthropogenic transformation of urban ecosystems by softwood bioindication methods]. URL: http://www.rae.ru/fs/pdf/2012/5-2/29946.pdf (accessed 10 November 2015).
- Kovylina O.P., Zarubina Y. A., Kovylina A.N. Otsenka zhyznennogo sostoyaniya sosny obyknovennoy v zone tekhnogennogo zagryazneniya [Evaluation of the life condition of Scots pine in the area of man-made pollution]: URL: http://forest-culture.narod.ru/ HBZ/Stat_08_3-4/kovilina_zarub.pdf (accessed 10 November 2015).
- Herman Shugart, Roger Sedjo, Brent Sohngen. Forests & Global climate change. Proc. University of Virginia, The Ohio State University, 2013, pp. 88-92.
- Voron V. P., Bolohov O. Y., Romanenko O. I. Agrotechnogenic effect of pollution on the spatial structure of pine stands. Trudy «Lіsіvnitstvo і ahromelіoratsіya» [Proc. “The Forestry and agromelioration”]. Kharkhiv: Ukrainian Scientific – Research Institute of Forestry and Agromelioration, 2006, no. 121, pp. 151-156. (In Ukrainian)
- Prentice K. C., Fung I. Y. Bioclimatic simulations test the sensitivity of terrestrial carbon storage to perturbed climate sand Forests & Global climate change Potential Impactson U.S. Forest Resources Prepared for the Pew Centeron Global Climate Change by Herman Shugart. University of Virginia Roger Sedjo resources for the Brentsohngen the Ohio State University, 1990, pp. 48-51. URL: http://forestecology.cfans.umn.edu
- Kyzeev A.N. Izmeneniya morfologicheskikh i fiziologo-biokhimicheskikh pokazateley khvoi sosny obyknovennoy v usloviyakh aerotekhnogennogo zagryazneniya [Morphological changes and physiological and biochemical indices of pine needles indicators in terms of environmental contamination]: URL: http://www.moluch.ru/archive (accessed 10 December 2015).
- Boychenko C. U. Thesis of Cand. Geogr. Sci. Diss…: 11.00.09. The Taras Shevchenko Kyyiv National univ. Kyyiv, 2001. 20 p. (In Rus. — Ukr.)
- Lashchenko A. G. Thesis of Cand. Agricalch. Sci. Diss…: 06.03.02. National agricalch. univ. Kyyiv, 2004. 20 p. (In Ukrainian)
- Kosobryukhov А. А. Thesis of Dr. Biol. Sci. Diss…: 03.00.12. Moscow, 2008. 230 p. (In Russian)
- Bolondinskiy V. V. Thesis of Cand. Biol. Sci. Diss…: 03.00.12. Karelian Research Centre of RAS. Petrozavodsk, 2003 (In Russian)