Authors: Safranov T., Khokhlov V., Volkov A.
Temperature is one of the main meteorological parameters. It determines the weather and climatic conditions, and impacts on human activities. Weather and climate conditions (precisely air temperature) are the most important factors which affect natural and recreational resources and also stipulate recreational and tourist activities. The article discusses the possible impact of air temperature changes from 2021 to 2050 on recreational and tourist activities in Ukrainian regions. We have analyzed the data gathered by 85 observation stations which are located in various Ukrainian regions. The analysis was based on scenario due to average level of greenhouse gases emissions (medium climate change pattern) for 30 years (2021-2050). The coastal zone in North-western part of the Black Sea has one of the high level of recreational-tourism potential. The forecast in this region makes rather small increasing of the temperature in summer time. So, it has not significant influence to the present forms of recreation and tourism activities. The research indicates that changes in average annual, average summer and winter air temperatures according to the scenario will not significantly affect the possibility of summer recreational and tourism activities. Also climate changes will not affect sustainable development of recreation and the level of thermal impact on recreants (tourists) within Ukrainian regions. Following this climate change scenario we don’t anticipate significant deterioration of weather conditions for winter recreation and tourism activities, especially for the Ukrainian Carpathians.
Tags: recreational and tourist activities; temperature; weather and climate conditions
- Skliar H. P., Karpenko N. M. Recreation and tourist attractiveness of region: environmental and investment aspects. Naukovyi visnyk Poltavskoho universytetu ekonomiky i torhivli – Scientific Bulletin of Poltava University of Economics and Tourism, 2012, no. 59, pp. 23-28. (In Ukrainian)
- Shevchenko O. H. Weather and climate factors impact on tourism industry. Heohrafiia ta turyzm – Geography and Tourism, 2012, vol. 23, pp. 35-41.
- Endler Ch., Matzarakis A. Climatic potential for tourism in the Black Forest, Germany. Winter Season Intrnational Journal of Biometeorology, 2011, vol. 55, pp. 339–351.
- Fomenko N. M. Rekreatsiini resursy ta kurortolohiya: [Recreational recourses and balneology]. Kyiv: The center of the scientific literature, 2007. 312 p.
- Vetrova N. M. Recreational features of region: environmental options. Ekonomika i upravlenie – Economics and Management, 2011, no. 3, pp. 21–24. (In Russian)
- Kuzyk S. P. Heohrafiya turyzmu [Geography of tourism]. Kyiv: Znannya, 2011. 271 p.
- Amiranashvili A. G., Matzarakis A., Kartvelishvili L. G. Tourism climate index in Batumi. Modern problems of using of health resort resources – collection of scientific works of international conference, Sairme, June 10-13, 2010, pp. 116-121.
- Mieczkowski Z. The tourism climate index: A method for evaluating world climates for tourism. The Canadian Geographer , 1985, vol. 29, рр. 220-233.
- The Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2011. Beyond the Downturn. World Economic Forum. Geneva, Switzerland, 2011. – 531 p.
- Khodakov V. E., Sokolova N. A., Chernyi S. G. Vliyanie prirodno-klimaticheskikh faktorov na sotsialno-ekonomicheskoe i proizvodstvennye sistemy [The impacts of natural and climatic factors on social, economic and industrial systems]. Kherson: Grin D. S., 2012. 354 p.
- Gandin L. S. Ob’ektivnyi analiz meteorologicheskikh poley [Independent analysis of meteorological fields]. Leningrad: Gidrometeoizdat, 1963. 286 p.
- Didukh Ya. P. Environmental aspects of global climate changes: causes, consequences, action. Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii nauk Ukrainy – Bulletin of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2009, no. 2, pp. 33-44. (In Ukrainian)
- Sereda K. Izmenenie klimata (Ukraina): ozhydaniya, prog-nozy, perspektivy [Climate change (Ukraine): expectations, forecasts and prospects]. URL: http://awsassets.panda.org/downloads/kirill_sereda.pdf
- Ivanyuta S. P. Adaptatsiya do zmin v Ukraini: problemy i perspektyvy. Analitychna zapyska [Adaptation to changes in Ukraine: problems and prospects. Analytical description]. URL: http://www.niss.gov.ua/articles/2223/
- IS-ENES climate4impact portal. URL: http://climate4impact.eu
- Stepanenko S. M., Pol’ovyy A. M., Shkolnyy Ye. P. etc. Otsinka vplyvu klimatychnykh zmin na haluzi ekonomiky Ukrainy [Impacts assessment of climate changes for Ukrainian sectoral economy]. Odessa: Ekolohiya, 2011. 696 p. (Eds: Stepanenko S. M., Pol’ovyy A. M.)
- Beidyk O.O. Rekreatsiyno-turysts’ki resursy Ukrainy: metodolohiya ta metodyka analizu, terminolohiya, raionuvannya [Recreation and tourism resources of Ukraine: methodology and methods of analysis, terminology, zoning]. Kyiv: VPC «Kyivskyy universytet», 2001. 395 p.